Monday 19 January 2015

Symphobia // What’s Done Is Done

 WHAT'S DONE IS DONE ~過ぎ去りし運命 - Single
Download @ iTunes Japan

You may not have heard of Symphobia but they came to our attention in the closing months of 2014. It is the latest project from producer Geo with singer Adeesha taking on vocals. The first 2 singles (Brand New Day & I Do, I Do, I Do) never really caught our attention, but the latest one, What's Done is Done perked our interest.

Compared to the past two singles, which were based on classical themes, this is a completely original track. Joining Adeesha on vocals are Jade Valerie (who has worked with Geo previously) and Marinoux. All three vocals work well with two distinct styles, Adeesha's hip-hop/rnb while Jade & Marinoux bring more of a pop feel to it. Add to that Marinoux also sings in French, which does come across as a little odd, but yet doesn't seem to distract from the track at all.

One worry we did have, reading the comments, was with Jade featuring, were people jumping on because of her? Time will tell as the album (titled Noc-Turn, slated for a release in February) with the next track (We Are) apparently next up single wise.

Rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Well, I jumped in because of Jade. I loved this track, I just missed a belted note from Jade. I think It'll be well fitted for the track

    ReplyDelete