Thursday 4 June 2009

Celine Dion + Yuna Ito // A World To Believe In

908

Buy @ CDJapan | Buy @ YesAsia.com

Before I begin, I have to admit that this is my first encounter with Ito Yuna, so really I didn’t know what to expect when combined with the voice that is Celine Dion.

The result? A beautiful ballad. The mix of English and Japanese languages works perfectly and I can see why this song was chosen as the duet. Unlike many foreign singers who switch languages mid way in a song, Ito Yuna seems to do it effortlessly and it in no way ruins the beauty of the song, nor is it painful to listen to. It’s also the exact same for Celine, who also seems to put no effort into jumping between languages.

Their voices are beautiful together in both languages and harmonise perfectly. I’ve even found listening to Ito Yuna solo version of the song very easy going, and although completely in Japanese, the beauty can still be heard. A recommended listen for fans of either artist.

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment